Why Do You Need the TASKING Safety Checker?
Including the Safety Checker in your project workflow offers several benefits for faster development processes of safety-critical ASIL relevant systems, including:
- Keeping track of violations in your C/C++ variables ensures that your software components and ASIL decompositions meet specific ISO 26262 requirements while also providing the clearest perspective on the impact of code changes.
- Your code can be checked as you actively work on your project, allowing you to maximize both your time and productivity while still developing applications of the highest quality and safety.
- The automated functions in the Safety Checker can shave hours off of your development process, removing the need to perform manual code verification checks by hand.
How Our Safety Checker Works
The Safety Checker can be used directly from your Eclipse IDE and can also be launched as a stand-alone utility. The Safety Checker will analyze your compiled application against specific safety criteria and report detailed violation errors and warnings. A powerful configuration system allows you to define the specific errors that are reported with defined partitioning controls. Some configuration examples include:
Bugs in low-safety-level code should not affect high-safety-level data.
High-safety-level code should not depend on low-safety-level code.
Low-safety-level code is not allowed to write in high-safety-level data sections
High-safety-level code is not allowed to call low-safety-level functions
- Define which specific violations get reported with a flexible ASIL (A-D) verification scheme system.
- Reduce total system development costs by validating code automatically rather than manually.
- Easily configure your ASIL constraints and software component dependencies to your specific development requirements.
- Save time reusing application code from other projects without having to modify source code.
- Always generate reliable and safety-first code with a code integrity checker developed in direct collaboration with powertrain Tier 1 and OEMs.
- Increase your verification coverage and confidence level of safety critical software.
- Continue using your industry-leading microprocessor toolsets including TriCore/AURIX, RH850 and Power Architecture.
- Quickly decipher code violations with easy-to-read verification diagnostic reports.
- Easily meet your ISO 26262 certification requirements with advanced safety verification technology.
- Save time validating your code for single and multi-core systems with an automated integrity checking system.
- Catch errors and safety-violations early with detection and tracking of C/C++ variable and function-call interferences between software modules.